Friday, November 11, 2011

1000 SONGS - DAY 123: SONG # 153

Day 123: A Song that Makes You Happy

From one of the best albums by Brian Eno, "I'll come running" is one of my all time favourite songs and also one that always makes me happy when listening to it. It features Robert Fripp on the guitar (like 2 other songs from "Another Green World", "St. Elmo's Fire" and "Golden Hours"). I also remember that in the second half of the 70ies, my wife and me (we were not married then... ) attended a concert by David Bowie in Wiener Stadthalle and before the gig or in between the supporting act and Bowie's appearance on stage, this song was to be heard. It was the time of the Eno-Bowie-collaboration and I think it was the "Heroes"-tour. I danced to it and suggested to her that I would always be the one who came running to tie her shoes, if she needed it...



I'll find a place somewhere in the corner
I'm gonna waste the rest of my days
Just watching patiently from the window
Just waiting, seasons change, some day, oh oh,
My dreams will pull you through that garden gate

I want to be the wandering sailor
We're silhouettes by the light of the moon
I sit playing solitaire by the window
Just waiting, seasons change, ah hah, you'll see
Some day these dreams will pull you through my door

And I'll come running to tie your shoe

Honoring Robert Fripp and remembering that it was just yesterday morning that I had this track in mind when waking up what made me think about "Another Green World2, here is a bonus track from the same album, St. Elmo's Fire:


No comments:

Post a Comment